As long as I can remember, I always been over weight. I was always the biggest out of all of my friends. Though I always was complimented, I never felt that way because of my weight
HOW DID YOUR WEIGHT AFFECT ANY ASPECT(S) OF YOUR LIFE? My weight affected me alot. I couldn’t wear cute clothes that I wanted to wear. It made me very self conscious. I just wrote big clothes. I never took full body pictures.
WHAT WAS THE “TURNING POINT” THAT GOT YOU STARTED ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY? The turning point in my life was when the doctor told me that I was on the verge of getting hitting with so many health problems if I do not take my life serious. So I did!
HOW DID YOU GET STARTED? I started little by little. The first month, I let go of sugary drinks and drunk nothing but lemon water. I also walked a mile a day with my 1yr old at the time. Just by drinking water I lost 17lbs. I was behind shocked! Then I started to work on the way I ate. I downloaded an app called myfitnesspal. I love it! It helps you not over eat and instead of 1mile I started doing up to 3miles day
HOW LONG AFTER YOU STARTED DID YOU BEGIN TO SEE RESULTS OF YOUR WEIGHT LOSS EFFORTS? I saw results the first month! I was amazed. It was tough, but the end results was very refreshing
WHAT WAS THE HARDEST PART? My hardest was letting go of my sodas and bread. I also hated being outside. But now, I love it! I am always outside. BECAUSE I developed habit of drinking of water, that is the only thing I drink. Every now and then I will have juice, but I love my water.
DID YOU EVER WANT TO GIVE UP? WHAT KEPT YOU GOING? Yes! Till this day I want to give up. I came too far to give up. I have to keep looking at my before picture to keep me going. I do not want to go back to that person.
DID YOU HIT ANY WEIGHT LOSS PLATEAUS? HOW DID YOU OVERCOME THEM? I have hit a plateaus, at 250. Sometimes you have to switch your workouts to cause muscle confusion. Even the way you eat has to change up too.
HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO LOSE MOST OF THE WEIGHT? It took me about year.
DID YOU HAVE ANY NON-SCALE VICTORIES? I can run 3miles under mins.
WHAT DOES YOUR DAILY DIET LOOK LIKE COMPARED TO WHEN YOU WERE HEAVIER? I am very strict when it comes to calorie counting. I like to choose my selections wisely. 500 cals for cake or 500 cals for unlimited amount of fruits, veggies. My friends think im crazy. Lol
HOW DOES YOUR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY COMPARE TO WHEN YOU WERE HEAVIER? My skin is clear, I sleep better at night and my energy is very high through out the day.
MY WEIGHT LOSS TIPS & TRICKS
- Consistency is key- Don’t be strong for a week and then lose focus. Stay strong and keep going do you can reach your goal
- Encourage yourself- Alot of people aren’t going to be your biggest fan, and that’s ok! You have to keep telling yourself you will reach your goal no matter how long it may take!
- Change doesn’t happen over night- the same way you gain all that weight over time is the same way your going to lose. It task time, patience is a virtue. You will love the end result.
- Want a lifestyle change, not just a diet plan-A lot of people do diet plans thinking it will be a quick scheme. But you want something that will change your life forever.
- The scale is not your friend- I say this because everyone body is different. You may look small, but the scale may say you gain weight. Picture mean everything! Go by how you feel and what you see in the mirror