Feeling tired and fatigued, Raheku7 knew she had to change her lifestyle. In her story she explains how educating herself on making healthier food choices with Calorie Count helped her lose those 40 unwanted pounds.
1. What prompted you to begin this weight loss journey? Did you have an “Aha!” moment? My “Aha!” moment was when I realized that I could barely walk up the stairs of my home. My knees hurt, I had shortness of breath and I was very unhappy with myself.
2. What other “diets” (programs, products, plans, or services) had you tried in the past? I tried various pills and walking but had never counted calories.
3. Please describe how you reached your weight loss goal. What changes did you make to your usual diet, activity, lifestyle, and attitude? Did you implement any other strategies besides Calorie Count? What was the most important change? When I came across Calorie Count, my life changed. I started off with logging everything I ate and making an effort to keep green for the day. I set a goal of staying A- daily and really began to pay attention to what I consumed. I began to learn what were healthy and nutritious choices as opposed to what were just empty calories.
4. Please describe how Calorie Count was instrumental to your weight loss. Calorie Count jump started me on my weight loss journey by teaching me how to make better food choices.
5. What difficulties did you experience losing weight? There have been months where I have hit a plateau, but I reassure myself that this is a journey and all I need to do is stay on course.
6. How long did it take you to see results? When did you realize that you were a success? It took me about two months for me to see the results I was looking for and I started feeling good about my journey to becoming healthy.
7. How do you prevent relapse? I do not restrict myself from anything; rather tell myself what I choose to put in my body to make it healthier and stronger. I know I have the option to eat what I want, but I choose not to.
8. How has your life changed now that you’ve lost weight? I feel lighter, I feel accomplished and I feel happier and more confident. I love to go shopping now and love to wear my heels again. I feel that I am capable of accomplishing anything I set my mind to.
9. How long have you maintained your current weight? Since Jan 2012 I have been consistently losing.
10. What tips do you have for other dieters?
- Do not diet, diets do not work; instead, tell yourself that you choose to make better food choices.
- The road to a healthy lifestyle is a journey not a destination. Stay the course no matter what obstacles you face.
- Learn to choose foods that you enjoy and that are good for you.
- Surround yourself with a great support system that will encourage you when needed and cheer you on as you succeed.
- Get outside and add some exercise to your routine!!!